Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions...what to do, what to do?

The New Year is upon us, and every year, I hear about people's New Year's resolutions. Every year, I have tried to start a resolution, only to give up on it by day 2. I'm not good with saying "OK...I am (or not) going to do this EVERYDAY." Most people have the resolution to loose weight, or work out everyday or stop smoking. I have always had lame ones, and for some reason, I can't remember a single resolution that I have had. I was on facebook this morning (as I usually am), and I read my friend Anne's status update. I loved her update. It went like this:

Anne doesn't really believe in New Year's Resolutions. Instead I try to improve myself every day, and do the things that are important to me. But I do hope that this is a year I can be successful at that, and all my friends as well.

I totally believe in this. This year, instead of saying I am going to lose weight, or exercise everyday or run a marathon, I am going to try to improve my life, my family and friends lives every day. If that means making a favorite meal for my husband, or taking my kids to the park, or even a simple phone call to see if someone is feeling better, then I will do it. I have many many things in my life that I need to improve on. I am the first to admit that. I have a rather short fuse, when it comes to my temper. I am going to try to improve my temper this year. I am going to take that deep breath, count to ten, remove myself from the situation, and then calm down before resuming. I also need to improve on my house keeping skills. When we moved out of our apartment and into the new house, I realized how bad I let things get. There was food, dust and unknown substances covering most of the furniture we had. Now I'm not saying that the furniture we had is some great shakes, but hey, it works for us, and instead of having to go out and buy new furniture, I rather keep what I have looking nice. Now, since we have moved into the new house, I have been stellar at keeping the house semi-clean. I found that it is easier to do a little bit everyday, and that way, it doesn't pile up on you. Making sure the dishes are done every night, instead of letting them pile up for days and days, is so much easier. Carlos has done a fantastic job at helping me keep the place clean to. We are trying to teach Connor the importance of keeping things nice and clean, but he just looks at me with this blank look on his face when I try to explain it to him.

I too hope that I can be successful at the things I have set out to change. I can't make these changes over night, or blink and everything will be perfect, but if I work on these things, one day at at time, I know I can be successful.

I am wishing each and every one of my friends and family a happy, healthy, safe and fun 2011. Lets make this year the most memorable year we know!

HAPPY 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment