Friday, July 16, 2010

HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY!!!

Sorry about the obnoxious title. It's the only thing that went through my mind when I started to type.

So after I realized I spend most of my day reading OTHER people's blogs, I thought it might be a good idea for me to *try* to start one of my own. When thinking about what type of blog I was going to start, several ideas went through my mind. First off, a blog about my kids. Most parents agree, that when you think of anything, regardless of what time it is, where you parked the park, or what is for dinner, your kids are usually the first thought that goes through your mind. Think of it like this:

Thought: "What time is it?"
Next thought: "Is it nap time yet?"

Thought: "Where did I park my car?"
Next thought: "Is it nap time yet?" Just kidding.... Usually the next thought is "I hope I remember where I park my car, so I don't have to walk around the parking lot with screaming children!"

Thought: "Whats for dinner?"
Next Thought: "What can I make, so the kids will eat it?"

See....Its simple. And it works for ANYTHING you can think of. So...back to my point. So I thought of starting a blog about my kids. Well thats fine and dandy, but it can only go so far. Example: "We spent today at home...again." So, that was not totally out the question, but I thought I should include other parts in my blog. Then the next thought was about how I consider myself a "semi-crunchy" mom. For those who don't know what crunchy moms are, they are moms who are breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering, organic feeding moms, usually referred to as "hippies". Well that sounded like a good idea to me, so that part will definitely be included in my blog. I also thought I should include some of my hobbies in the blog, so every now and then I plan on posting recipes and other home fun ideas on here. I LOVE to cook (although with this heat right now, I have NO plans on turning on my oven!), I love crafts, and I love to bake. So...be prepared for some great recipes. As a friend once told me, if you want to know where the good food is, follow the fat people. Where I don't consider myself fat, I am a fatty a heart. I LOVE food, and only by the grace of God, I don't weigh 500 lbs.

So...again, I digress. Ok...back to the point. So this blog is going to be about semi-crunchy momma, with two boys who do a lot of activities, and cooking. A little bit of everything for everyone out there!! And if you "like" my blog, please pass it on to your friends!! I hope everyone likes this!

Enjoy! :0)




2 comments:

  1. YAY! Another blog to follow! I love keeping up on everyone's lives and getting fun ideas from them. So even though I'm not a mom yet, I'm looking forward to hearing about the adventures of "soopermomma"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to name it "soopermomma" because "supermomma" was already taken....

    ReplyDelete